The Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG) program, originally scheduled to reopen on Saturday, is now open as of today, Monday, April 26, 2021 at 12:00 p.m.
The US Small Business Administration (SBA) stated on Friday that they had delayed the reopening in response to concerns from businesses about the challenges of a weekend opening. The SBA also stated that it had completed rigorous testing on the portal, which was forced to shut down due to technical issues only hours after it opened on April 8th.
SVOG funding is available to operators of live venues, live performing arts organizations, museums, and movie theaters, as well as live venue promoters, theatrical producers, and talent representatives.
Are you planning to apply for an SVOG? Here’s what you should know:
- The portal is now open to applicants.
- Interested applicants should register for an account before starting the application process.
- The SBA has provided a 57-page SVOG User Guide that includes step-by-step application instructions with screenshots.
- The SBA has provided an SVOG Application Checklist to assist you with gathering and preparing the necessary materials (documentation, information and technology) needed for the SVOG application.
- The SBA has also released updated SVOG FAQ Guidance.
- A 1-hour Informational Webinar recorded by the SBA is also available.
For more program details, including eligibility requirements, allowable use of funds, and priority scheduling of grant issuance, visit the SBA’s website.
If you have questions about the SVOG program, leave a comment below, or feel free to reach out directly. I am happy to help!